SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkaren_gw

Storm Last Night - DH and I are safe

samkaren
14 years ago

Hi everyone

Just thought I would let you know that John and I and the boys are safe. The storm last night was a micro-burst with winds hitting 79 miles per hour.

I was never SO scared in my life. The storm started around 8:30 with LOTS of thunder and lightning. At 8:50 I finally had to turn off the tv because the lights were flickering. Then at 9:00 the winds kicked in and I thought it was a tornado going through. John and I were watching from the backroom when the walls starting shaking. It was then we saw the debris blowing. We were going to head for the basement when suddenly everything calmed down. We grabbed the flashlight and went out onto our deck and it looks like a war zone. Huge tree limbs everywhere. Our 60 foot pine tree in our backyard was sheared in half (itÂs about 30 feet now). Half of it is in our yard and part is in our neighbors. Some of our neighbors roof shingles are on our front lawn. Our tree in the front yard has some large limbs that cracked off but are still up in the tree. It will take John and I at least 2 days of cleaning up the yard. When I left for work this morning I went down our main road and the church a few blocks from our house has a collapsed wall. Milledgeville is a mess but thankfully our house didnÂt suffer any major damage. John has to wait until the rain stops to get a closer look.

Will keep you posted.

samkaren

your resident DJ

Comments (15)