SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Inferior pet owners

moonie_57 (8 NC)
17 years ago

One thing I've learned from this forum is others would view my stewardship of my pets as substandard, but I gotta say... my pets must be superior to many as I have very little problems. My golden retriever, who is left home alone for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week, has never pooped or peed in the house since he was a pup. Never chewed through electrical wires, or stolen the family car. He's 11 years old now. I can't even remember him being sick and having an accident. However, I did say he was superior, but not perfect. Just last week he threw up on the kitchen floor. The worst problem we ever had with him was when he was younger and would constantly get my washcloth off the side of the bathtub, thus increasing my wash load for the week.

The cats don't get on the table, countertops or dig in the trash. They only pee in the litterbox and never next to my hubby's head. :) Luckily they taught themselves to use the scratching posts instead of my furniture, and they don't dig in my houseplants. All that, and to think I just went up to the convenience store and dared to serve them from a can of 9 Lives.

I truly do enjoy coming here to this forum... I've learned alot and sometimes have reason to ponder over things I might do differently. Other times I tend to view some posters as pompous and overbearing, superior in their own eyes. Then today I caught my ownself being judgemental of someone else that was feeding their dog Hershey bars. His hound dog is older than my dog and according to him, he has treated this dog to Hershey's it's entire life. Seems like alot of chocolate to me, but who am I to say anything? Although I didn't come right out and ask, from our conversation it seemed as if he were aware of the dangers of chocolate so I kept my mouth shut. Besides, he didn't ask my opinion.

Well, back to the point... I'm glad I'm an inferior pet owner because somehow I've raised superior pets. Hmmm.. or maybe it's DESPITE that fact, I've still managed to raise superior pets. :)

Now, if only they could teach themselves how to run me a hot bath. That would be purrfection!

Comments (15)