SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
old_skool

Plumbing my kitchen (AAV, pot filler, etc.)

old_skool
16 years ago

Hello,

I am plumbing my own kitchen remodel. I am relocating the sink to an outside wall. I don't have good access to a vent stack. I want to use an AAV. I have a hot/cold filtered water dispenser, pot filler and line to the refrigerator for ice maker.

My plan is to pull the cabinets out from the masonry exterior wall using 2x4 framing. I would then bring the plumbing up in that space. What consideration do I need to make for insulating between the plumbing and the wall?

I am going to T into my existing drain line and bring it under the floor and up for the sink. I will also be routing the copper pipe for the hot/cold water supply to the same location.

I know I need to tap into the cold line for the water filter dispenser. I need to also tap into this for the refrigerator which is across the room. I planned to use a saddle valve and nylon tube for the refrigerator supply line. Is this a good choice?

I also need to tap into the hot water line for the dishwasher and connect the dishwasher to the disposal for waste purposes.

Then I need to tap into the cold line for the pot filler. I don't think I am able to tap in after the filter unit, so I think the water going to the pot filler will be unfiltered. Is this normal?

I want to fit an AAV in there. Is it best to put in the sink cabinet? I read somewhere that it needs to be above the highest flood line of any connected water outlet. If that is the case, I could be in trouble. The refrigerator and pot filler are quite high up vertically in the room. Does the AAV have to be above these two items?

Is there any other info you need in order to better advise me?

Comment (1)