SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pliesj

Prep Sink & Pot Filler

Jeff
8 years ago

I am in the process of designing the kitchen for a new house we are building in Austin, TX. The kitchen has a high-end finish out but is not especially large. The kitchen is about 19' x 14' with 12' groin ceiling. There is an 8' x 4' island in the center. I wanted to get opinions on to what extent a prep sink in the island and a pot filler over the range are considered to be expected features in such a kitchen.

I generally do not like prep sinks as I think they are unattractive, especially in an island in the middle of the kitchen. But are they generally expected in a kitchen with a nice finish out? I am inclined not to put one in at all, but if I ever sell the house I wonder if that might be a mistake. Alternatively, I am thinking about running the plumbing to the island so a sink could be put in later if wanted.

Similarly, I am not anxious to put in a pot filler over the range. Having had several water leak problems in my current house, I would rather not add another potential source of leaks. I have also never understood pot fillers because one still has to remove the full pot from the stove and carry to the sink.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments (11)