SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rthummer

What makes my dog lick everyone so much?

rthummer
17 years ago

I have several friends coming into my home three days a week for quilting groups. Two will bring their very well behaved dogs to the group and they curl up and go to sleep. I am constantly having to reprimand my Doxie for licking my guest feet, legs, any flesh that is exposed. When I reprimand him he will quit for awhile, but then goes back to licking. He is almost tooo friendly. He is neutered and has been since he was about 3 months old. He is 6 years old now. He is a very submissive dog. I have read that is the way submissive dogs greet dominate dogs. Is this what he is doing? I ask the vet last time I was at his office about this and he has no clue. Everything checked out fine on his last checkup. He is on Science Diet Weight Management and has been for 2 years. We do give him Glucosamine. He does not start this licking obsession, (if you want to call it that) except on the days I have the quilting groups here and he licks me, everybody. What's up???? Today I had my groups and it was miserable, especially when I put him in the laundry room as he howls, and whimpers so much! After my friends left and as I was putting away things he started licking my legs. Does anyone have a clue? I forgot to mention, he licks over and over in the same spot. I know this sounds wierd.

Comments (4)