SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnar1957

New light bulb requirements, 2012

donnar57
16 years ago

My husband and I are a bit concerned about the requirement to get away from the standard incandescent light bulb fixtures, in 2012. Oh, it's not so much for your standard lamps that take standard 60 watt or 3 way bulbs....but for the fixtures that need different bulbs.

He's resisting the change, mostly for the non-standard bulbs, but also for the requirements in getting rid of the new CFL bulbs.

Is there anyone here that's in the industry, or really in the know, about what will be the availability of "weird bulbs"? I'm talking about bulbs that will go inside appliances, ceiling fan light fixtures, sewing machine light bulbs, etc. My husband wants us to go out and buy a ton of replacement bulbs for everything that takes non-standard bulbs. In my kitchen alone, I have appliances that need 40 watt appliance bulbs, 20 watt appliance bulbs, a halogen bulb, and some of those little 10 watt "night light" bulbs. In my living room, I've got a piano lamp. In all my searches, I've never seen any of these in the new style bulbs.

I hate to even think of what California's requirements will be just to get RID Of these CFL bulbs ....

DonnaR/CA

Comments (5)