SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrtesseract_gw

Forcing A Walkout on a Flat lot

MrTesseract
10 years ago

Hi all, new member here. Trying to find some people to throw some ideas my way. I bought a lot a bit over a year ago and plan to build on it in 2 years. The lot is 2 acres and has over 200ft frontage on a river, it also sits on top of a 75 foot steep bluff. The lot is flat but i want to build a walkout house to capture the view of the river. Due to regulations i can only build so close to the bluff. I originally thought i would do a raised ranch but can not pinpoint a design that i would be happy with. We have already built on an adjoining 2 acre lot and will be holding onto that house for a bit and my lot has a 66ft easment that runs through that lot, so i could take dirt from there and from other areas of my lot although i have some trees i want to preserve. Is this going to be feasible to create a walkout? Does anyone have pictures of a forced walkout house built on a flat lot? I also will have extended access to a tractor to move dirt but imagine i will have to buy at least some fill and pay someone with a bigger rig to move it around.

Comments (27)