SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medscript

Setting up a Fleck 5600 Econominder, 1.25 cubic ft

medscript
9 years ago

Hello,

I recently purchased a year old Fleck 5600 Econominder system off of a friend as they have moved into another house which already had one installed. From the paperwork, it looks like it has a 1.25 cubic ft resin tank with 10% crosslink. He did say it had a top basket but no gravel bed. The brine tank is 14x35 inches and has no grid.

Information about my current set up:

I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house that includes a garden tub for 2 adults, 1 child & one dog that gets biweekly baths. We also have 1-4 adults stay with us from 3 to 7 days each month, 6 months out of the year. Our hose bibs, fridge water line and cold water outlet for the kitchen sink are separate from the rest of the house so they will remain softened. We consume on average 50 GPD per person. This number is probably less since it includes all the water from the sprinklers as well but this would not go through the softener.

The house is new and has 3/4 inch pex piping with rough-in already completed for a softener in the garage. I have already ordered 3/4 x 3/4 PTC Falcon lines for the connection between the softener and the house. I still need to put in a p-trap though which I will probably do this weekend. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about a bypass as one was already installed by the builders.

City Water

Hardness 21 gpg
Sodium 50.9 ppm
Sulfate 78.1 ppm
Chlorine 0.5 ppm
Iron n/a
Manganese n/a
TDS 540ppm
pH 7.7

The water coming from the outside bib fills a 2.5 gal bucket in 27 seconds (so 5.5 GPM?).

Any help with verifying if this would work for me would be great as well as how to adjust the valve for our needs.

This post was edited by Medscript on Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 16:02

Comments (14)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County