SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kel3_gw

Brown sugar shortbread recipe

kel3
14 years ago

I had a piece of shortbread this weekend that was the best I have ever tasted! I asked the lady for the recipe but she said she didn't give it out.:( She did tell me that it's only 3 ingredients: flour, butter, sugar. I asked if it had rice flour in it or corn starch (my recipe does) she said no, regular flour. Then I asked if it was powdered sugar and she said no, brown sugar. I have researched so many recipes online today and they all seem about the same: 1 c. butter, 1/2 c. brown sugar, 2 to 2 1/2 c. flour. I've tried 2 already today, just basically changing the amount of flour, temp. and time baking, and they aren't the same! Flavor and texture both a little off. She did cut them out with a cookie cutter and my recipes are too crumbly for that. Anybody know what the "secret" could be? She said she was given the recipe by an aunt who found it (who knows where) a few years ago and said she should try it. The way she said it led me to believe she found it in a magazine or cookbook or something and hadn't tried it herself but thought her neice may want to try it. Any ideas anyone?

Comments (11)