SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_94952

The party is over - the results

Kathy F
12 years ago

Sorry I dropped out of sight after getting all the wonderful ideas/suggestions for finger foods for our holiday party. We had a death in the family and had to fly to MN, then there was shipping presents to family back east, getting ready for the party, and getting through it. Then collapsing to recover for a few days. ;)

Anyway, the party was wonderful although we had quite a few people no show on us - actually close to 1/3. :( But we had a good time and the people who did come enjoyed it too. I had requests for several recipes.

Here's a summary of what we served. I had so many great suggestion, it was hard to narrow it down. I ended up going with a mix of T&T favs, suggestions from here, and some new recipes found elsewhere. We love to graze when we eat, so all the food was in small portions.

Hot mulled cider was the only beverage we provided. Guests who wanted something else were asked to bring it.

In crock pots:

- Ham balls with cherry pie filling as a sauce. Next year perhaps I'll try the Cherry Ham Glaze posted by caliloo.

- Sweet and sour turkey meatballs

- Honey teriyaki chicken wings

Savory eats:

- Mini quiches - broccoli cheddar and chicken apple sausage

- Proscuitto pinwheels (proscuitto wrapped in puff pastry then sliced and baked)

- Marinated mozzarella cheese balls (a variation on a recipe posted tricia)

- Baked brie with mango chutney in puff pastry; served with fresh homemade baguette

- Crudites with Roasted Pecan Blue Cheese Dip and Dill Dip

- Potato chips with Alton Brown's Onion Dip from Scratch

- Italian pepperoni cheese puffs (thanks, Lindac)

- Artichoke nibbles (thanks, jkom51) For whatever reason, these seemed to be the least appreciated offering on the table

Sweet treats:

- White chocolate raspberry stripers

- Spritz Christmas trees

- Brownies (I shoulda made Ann's - I was disappointed in the recipe from Cook's Illustrated)

- Mini apple pies

- Pecan tassies

- Chocolate chip cookie bars

The favorites seemed to be

Savory - the baked brie, the hamballs, the wings, pepperoni and cheese puffs, the prosciutto pinwheels.

Sweet - chocolate chip cookie bars, pecan tassies, white chocolate raspberry stripers.

With attendance being lower than expected and my excess preparation (I have a strong aversion to running out of anything), we have a freezer full of goodies that should last for quite a while.

Thanks again, everybody for all the input.

Kathy

Comments (9)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus