SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melaniesc32

Sad day. I have to give up my new dog..

melaniesc32
17 years ago

We are so heartbroken, we love Migo so much and don't want to give him back. I don't want him to kill or seriously hurt my other pets either though. Today he was playing with my other dog whose is a big dog and the play tured very quickly into terrible aggression. He bit my dogs throat and wouldnt let go, we could barely pull him off, my other dog was screaming. He also bit his ear and wouldn't let go. We called and talked to a behaviourist and he said that this type of aggression could possibly be worked out, but that he is a JR and he would probably end up hurting or killing our cats. I can't have that. I am really scared for my pets. I am also nervous about what will happen when I have a baby. I love Migo so much and my heart is hurting so much right now. We have decided to try and get him into a rescue shelter that would put him in a foster family, so that the next people who adopt him would know what he is all about. He is no all aggressive,he is sweet and loving towards people. he cuddles and loves to be loved and cuddle. What a horrible day, I feel so guilty, we never wanted to give up on him, but I feel I have no choice, My cats and other dogs safety and happiness have got to come first. Getting rid of them is NOT and option, I have had my one cats since he was 4 weeks old and sick. He is now a healthy 7 yr suck. My other cat is 4 yrs and my dog is almost 3 yrs. I am really really hating myself right now. I just don't see any other way...

Comments (18)