SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harriethomeowner_gw

Looking for suggestions on this entry area (pics, long)

harriethomeowner
16 years ago

We're still doing decorating on the cheap (= just moving things around in hopes that eventually it will look better).

So I was wondering if anyone here could help with some ideas for this entry area. It's useful to have the bench you can see in the first picture, but it's too small for the wall (the pictures are just hung up to get them off the floor; this is not how I want them to be!). I was wondering if perhaps a mirror hung vertically above the bench, with artwork on either side, would look good. We also need some sort of table near the door, and I think the empty space under the pink flower painting would be a good place. Any suggestions about what shape would look good here? I was thinking something round or rounded:

The piano is on the wall opposite the door:

The other thing we were thinking of doing here is having some recessed lights installed in the ceiling inside the door; that end of the room is really dark. OTOH, I don't know if it's worth the expense or we could add lighting with more lamps.

This is the other side of the room with the bark cloth chair in a different position:

If anyone has any thoughts they would like to contribute, I'd be really grateful. Thanks.

PS: Possible new wall color: a BM color called "Sundial" (a soft gold).

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County