SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbiep_gw

Need advice to help itchy dog with allergies

debbiep_gw
15 years ago

We've been up since 2:00 this morning.Lucy(basset)which has allergies has been scratching non stop since then.She has various medicines at home for allergies.At 6:00 am I gave her hydrozine, before 8:00 I bathed her in medicated prescription shampoo for her allergies,at 9:00 I called the vets office,I'm unable to leave today or I would have taken her for a steriod shot for the itching at this point.Its been years since she has had one though she does take predisone occasionally.Anyway the vet says to go ahead and start her on her predisone even though she has had hydrozine this morning.She is pratically mutilating her legs with the biting on them.I put anbesol on the one she was biting and she just movd to a different leg.I asked and the vet says that dogs can be allergic to cats just like people so I feel thats what has set this off.A small kitten came up this week and they became friends,the kitten has been rubbing all over her legs,stomach.I'm going to have to put the kitten in a crate to just let the dogs out to use the bathroom now.I'm already looking for a home for it.Anyway any thing else I can try for the itching?I'm hoping the medicine starts working soon so she'll sleep awhile.

Comments (7)