SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maui9603

Powder Room before and as a blank slate....now what?

Hi! I've been a member here for quite a few years. I am mainly a lurker as I have zero decorating skills and love learning from all of you. My husband and I bought our house almost 5 years ago. We gutted it and have been slow putting it back together. The house had a lot more issues then we planned but now we are starting to put her back together! I am hoping you will all help me on my journey, I have made some costly mistakes already (damn you tigerwood floors!) and would love to prevent that from happening again. That's my background, now here is some info on the powder room.

this is a pic from the prior owner:

{{!gwi}}

blank slate

{{!gwi}}

close up of floors

{{gwi:1404154}}

The only thing that really has to stay is the flooring. It continues into our foyer and down the hallway into our dining room. The toilet matches fine and is functional and will likely stay as well. This room is pretty small. The pedestal sink offers no storage. With such a small space, I think it may be better to get a vanity with some storage then get a wall cabinet. My thoughts to start: replace the vanity, has to be smaller than 26" which limits the selection. I was thinking a simple oval beveled mirror and maybe two sconces on either side or maybe a sparkly chandelier. This room has zero natural light. replace the towel rank with either hooks or rings. And then some fantastic wallpaper. No clue on accessories or what to put on the walls but I believe that will be completely last. I'm overwhelmed in the world of wallpaper and would appreciate any suggestions. I attached an inspiration pic as well as a couple vanities. What are your thoughts for my space? Sorry this is so long but it feels good to type it all out, feels like I'm getting somewhere!

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1404158}}

an inspiration picture - I emailed the designer to help locate the wallpaper.. no response.

traditional powder room design by phoenix interior designer Ownby Design

Comments (23)