SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Our little girl had a seizure this AM

mboston_gw
16 years ago

Andi, our 16 month old had a seizure this morning. DH had let our babies out earlier and they had come back to bed (they sleep in their crates at night but join us on the weekends for a nap)with us. I was half asleep when I felt Andi jerking and I immediatley yelled for DH. Andi was really out of it, it took awhile for her to stop jerking and then for her heart and breathing to settle back to normal. What was so scary were her eyes seem to be glazed over and so large. She did loose bladder control and bowel control a little. She is okay now and has eaten and chewed on her nyla bone as usual.

I searched for posting on seizures and read through most. It seems like taking her in and having bloodwork and perhaps a thyroid panel would be the first step logically.

Is there anything in particular I should watch for today. My Daughter in law works for a vet and she will probably come over and check Andi out for me.

Are they more likely to happen while she is sleeping or awake? I had several students while I was teaching and I had to be careful to wake this one up gently (kindergarten rest time) from a sound sleep.

I also wondered if she could have what I might be called "Shaken puppy Sydrome" She loves to take her Squeaky bone and while my hubby pulls on one end, SHE shakes it rather violently. DH isn't the one doing the shaking but I wonder if she could cause herself harm by being so rough.

Any help would be appreciated. The only other experience I have had with a dog having seizures was when our 18 year Cockapoo old had a stroke.

Comments (13)