SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Kitty had seizure

schoolhouse_gw
12 years ago

Yesterday morning he walked out of the library where he'd been with me as I read the paper and walked into the kitchen. I heard a thud and a loud yeowl. I ran and there he was on his side, legs stiff and waving about, claws out, and his eyes huge and looking right and left, he was meowing. I talked softly and stroked his head, and in 30 seconds or so he was upright and himself again. I was scared, but he calmly walked back into the library and jumped back up on his cushion on the chair like nothing had happened. He's 13 1/2yrs.old.

I got him into the vet 45min. later, and the vet did a physical check, took temp, checked eyes, ears, muscle movement and nerve reaction. All were good. He said if I hadn't told him Kitty had had a seizure he wouldn't have known. It could be epilepsy or brain tumor, but his suggestion was to wait and see if there were any more seizures within a month, then he'll do blood work. The vet told me this might be the only seizure he'll have. An MRI will cost nearly as much as it would for a human.

Comments (11)