SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannonplus2_gw

Anyone Used ''Kool Paddles'' for Quickly Cooling Large Soups etc?

shannonplus2
11 years ago

I recently came across "Rapi-Kool" paddles, and it seemed like a great idea for when I am making things in my 7-1/4 qt. LC. There have been so many times I've made large amounts of beef stew, chili, chicken soup, etc., and then had to wait hours for it to be cool enough to put in the fridge. I know you can put hot things in the fridge right away, but I am concerned about warming the interior temperature of the fridge with such a large amount of hot food. It's also not good to have food be warm sitting on the counter.

The Rapi-Kool paddles are supposed to cool hot contents of stock pots much more quickly. The website says "FDA code dictates chilling cooked foods rapidly through the temperature danger zone. Rapi-Koolî Original Cold Paddles fight time-temperature abuse for chilling cooked foods safely within time limits mandated by boards of health. Perfect for cooling chili, soups and stews. Also helps keep chilled foods at cold-holding temperatures. Cools product from the "inside out," so products chill faster and more evenly."

The link below has a pic of an awfully large paddle (click on the pic showing it inside a stock pot). I know it comes in 3 sizes, and I don't think the pic is showing the smaller sizes which are the 64 oz (4 qt.) or the 128 oz. (8 qt.), though maybe it is.

Has anyone tried these? Or, what do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: Rapi-Kool 64 oz. Paddle

Comments (4)