SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medic2012_gw

My dog yelled when she was put to sleep!!!

medic2012
10 years ago

Just the other day I had to put my precious 7yr.old Chihuahua to sleep. I had been present before when dogs were put to sleep and it was a peaceful thing. Well this wasn't my case and it is haunting me so bad. My vet has always been the best. That morning he told me he would sedate her first and then he brought he to me and I loved and talked with my little animal. He told me to let him know when I was ready for him to inject her. Well when I got ready and told him, he proceeded to put the medicine in her catheter. My sweet animal let out a scream and then acted like she was having a seizure. I was devastated! In all the animals I have witnessed I have never seen one do this. I yelled at the vet to please make it stop and please tell me why she was doing this. He really didn't say anything,,,he just said she is gone now. Can someone please tell me if this is a normal thing that can sometimes happen or why it happened if she was already soooo sedated!! I can't get that picture out of my mind!!

Comments (21)