SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

A foodie fun and artistic day!

teresa_nc7
13 years ago

So I had the day off today and took myself off on a little excursion to the "big" city - Raleigh, but first, Chapel Hill.

First stop: Whole Foods, where I got Yukon Gold potatoes, romaine, Pink Lady apples, and lemons; then onto the bulk bins where I got some nuts, bulghur, oat bran, and oats; onto feta cheese, maple turkey sausage links, and some turkey thighs and wings which were on sale.

Second stop was unplanned but I couldn't help myself: my favorite fabric shop has moved from Carrboro to Chapel Hill, just down from Whole Foods.....how convenient!

Third stop: a planned early lunch at the Mediterranean Deli in Chapel Hill - amazing place! I had stuffed grape leaves, artichoke moussaka, Moroccan Couscous salad, kibbeh, pita bread fresh from their bakery, and all the olives, dill pickles, and tzatziki I could eat. I'm still stuffed!

Fourth stop: Penzey's - at last! Had trouble getting there, but finally found my way. I got some items for gifts: Mural of Flavor, Shallot Pepper, Baking Spice, Sandwich Sprinkle, Sunny Spain, and for me, whole nutmeg and whole allspice.

Fifth stop: the Norman Rockwell exhibit at our NC Museum of Art outside Raleigh. It was wonderful!! Amazing to see the images and Post covers that I grew up with framed and on exhibit where you can get really close and see every brush stroke.

Tomorrow Mom and I brave a trip to the new Tanger Outlets - yikes!

Teresa - who is now off to google a recipe for that couscous salad!

Comments (17)