SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mat9

Fleck 5600 SE softener brine refill not working

mat9
12 years ago

Hi,

I have a eight year old softener system with a Fleck 5600 SE (digital on demand) control head that has been working fine until about a month ago. When I was tiling my utility room I moved the softener, emptied and cleaned the brine tank, then put everything back. After the first regeneration the water was VERY salty. Apparently the brine somehow got into the drinking water. I ran the water out and everything went back to normal, but in about two weeks I found the water getting hard. The brine tank was empty!

Everything in the system works fine except for the brine refill cycle. The softener is drawing brine from the tank and it is sending the used brine to the drain through the plastic drain pipe, but it is not filling water back into the brine tank. If I keep filling the brine tank manually the system works fine.

If anybody can give me simple easy to follow instructions to fix this problem that would be great.

In the regeneration cycle the head is going through all the steps, including the brine fill, but no water goes into the brine tank.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt

Comments (7)