SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

what do you think of this house?

tinker_2006
13 years ago

I need some expert eyes!

I've been planning on building for 9 months.. it's been stressful, and they are still just drawing the plans! The building is still a long way off.... but I've looked and looked for a long time for an existing house, and just couldn't find one. I'm in Florida, and just wanted to move away from the Florida style and build house more "cottage" style.

A few weeks ago, I found a house online.. and I found myself looking at it almost daily. Today I decided to actual go and tour it, and I think I'm ready to ditch the building and buy this house!

It is older, but has lots of charm (in my opinion). It does need some TLC.. but the expensive things have already been done (new roof, plumbing, air) We have totally gutted a couple homes and remodeled before, so we do know what is involved. We really could never build this house today, without going way over budget. It has heart of pine flooring, 3 fireplaces, 4 bedrooms and 4 baths...

Pictures are below, but they have updated the colors and made things more neutral. I like the kitchen, but I would redo this with inset cabinetry and new appliances.

Please tell me what you think!

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Florida Style home

Comments (17)