SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gillycat

thank you all -for your advice re granite and giving me courage t

gillycat
14 years ago

my granite was installed today and it is lovely. Magnificent actually.

However i noticed when they had just laid it that the slabs on either side of the seam were slightly different heights. ( I looked for that because of you guys)And the gap in the fron was lager than I thought is shouls be

Once it was apparently finished ( the installer said he had just 2 more holes then would be on his way - this meant the holes in the powder room) I went to check the whole thing and especially the seam

Well, it was very obvious where the seam is and when I ran my finger over it it was really rough.

I said to the installer that it felt rough to me to which he replied

" It's fine - I've been installing granite for 20 years"

(my immediate thoughts were that maybe that is the problem - you are using 20 year old techniques)

I kept running my finger over it and then spoke carpenter (who had insisted he be there to make sure there were not issues eg the overhang being too large so that the stove would not have fit, which he had them fix

He agreed it is not a good job.

I called the company and Christian listened and then spoke with the installer who told my guy that that is how he does it. Christan said he would get his repair man to come over and we made an appointment.

If it was not for KW and you guys I would not even have known to question or ask have just l

Comments (3)