SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeweloftheprairie

Dishwasher inlet plumbing help needed!

jeweloftheprairie
13 years ago

We just bought a new dishwasher and are attempting to install it ourselves. The previous dishwasher has been removed and we're left with the copper tube (about 1 1/2 ft long) for the water inlet.

Our problem is that the new dishwasher has a long hose with an attachment that is supposed to connect to the copper tubing, and it's recommended that it go into the cabinet under the sink. Problem is that we have this extra long copper tubing to deal with. The second problem is that the option for connection under the sink is rather tight, and we're pretty sure we'd either have to REALLY bend the copper tube at a right angle and have it go up through the cabinet floor, or call in a plumber to make the connection for us.

Basically, there are 3 options, and I'd love to know which one is best:

1. Shorten the copper tubing (we've got a hacksaw) and make the connection to the provided hose BEHIND the dishwasher in the same cabinet. (We'd sorta like to avoid this so we have access to the connection)

2. Loop the copper tubing back around into the sink cabinet (basically doubling back due to space) and put the provided hose through a new hole in the cabinet and have the connection under or on the floor of the sink cabinet.

3. Run the provided hose into the sink cabinet, hack of the copper tubing, and make for a very tight squeeze (if it's even possible) in the sink cabinet. Potentially need to call in a plumber.

I know this may not make sense - I do have pictures of the copper tubing, the undersink configuration, and the hose attachment that I've linked to.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dishwasher pics

Comments (5)