SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchen4us_gw

Coastal colors, what stain for dining set? Open floor plan

kitchen4us
14 years ago

I'm hoping to get a second opinion from some of you designing experts. We need suggestions for selecting the dining set tone/tones.

We have an open floor plan: kitchen w/ island (cabinets are a medium-stain maple, white counters, light laminate flooring) that opens to the dining area (same laminate flooring) and the living room (tan carpeting). I would like to be able to add some coastal color accessories (tourquoise, aqua, cobalt, greens). We're looking at dining sets and have some options:

I found some attractive expresso stained stairs (are a rich chocolate brown), very comfortable, and someone at the store suggested this would be a good compliment for the coastal colors and also would provide good contrast.

Or white chairs? white table?

If the expresso chairs, then the co. will either stain 1) the table to match (all expresso) OR 2) the top of the table could be stained to match the medium-stained kitchen cabinets (w/ expresso legs) OR 3) the table legs could be stained/painted white to stand out and compliment the coordinate with the kitchen counter, and the table top could be expresso. Have any of you regretted having a 2-toned table? Is it limiting to how you decorate? What is more timeless? Would the expresso set look too heavy?

I sure appreciate your suggestions. Many thanks.

Comments (6)