SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cocokey

Pics and dimensions of stacked cabs w/ less than 9 foot ceilings

cocokey
12 years ago

HI all,

I am a lurker slowly turning poster. Currently renovating our home and borrowing katieob's kitchen from a couple of years ago as my inspiration. Going w/ stacked inset cabinets, but my ceiling height is only 101 inches. I just got the design back from my cabinet maker and he plans 10 1/2 inch inset doors for the upper level and 28 and 1/2 inch doors for the lower cabinets on the upper level. There will be 1 and 1/2 inches of trim at the top, btw. the stacked uppers,and at the base of the uppers for a total of 4 and 1/2 inches of trim. I have around 43 and 1/2 inches of room to play w/from the bottom of the upper cabinets to the crown (planning for 3 and 5/8 inch crown which is all we can afford w/ the low ceiling height)

I had initially hoped the top cabinet door would be at least 12 inches. My cabinet maker says he could take another 1 to 1 1/2 inches from the larger lower cabinets to achieve this (making a 27 inch door below w/ 12 inch above) but I am the first to admit I have no idea what I am doing! (my main worry is that the 10.5 inch door will make the upper portion of the stacked cabs look too small but as my cabinet guy says it does look porportional on the CAD) Trying to upload images of the design w/ dimensions to photobucket, but having trouble w/ that - waiting on advice from them, so will do it as soon as i can.

Any help, advice,and most importantly dimensions or pics of stacked cabs with 8 and 1/2 foot ceilings would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)