SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_189791

Bathroom vanity - custom built or not?

User
11 years ago

Hi everyone. I know this may be a question better suited to bathrooms, but I like it here better :-)

We are looking for a new vanity for my master bathroom. We need to do this reno of master bath on a serious budget. Oldest daughter is getting married in June, so while I'm thrilled about that, it put a bit of a dent in our bathroom budget.

I've been looking for a vanity for quite a while. I want single sink. Shaker style cabinet. White granite or marble counter. My preferred size is an odd one -- about 55 inches. I love the Pottery Barn classic wide vanity and it's the perfect 55 inches, but due to plumbing issues I'm not willing to change, I need closed storage and not the open bottom.

I would compromise for a standard 48 inch single sink vanity. Everything I see that I like is about $1,300 including cabinet, carerra marble top and undermount sink.

I like these cabinets, but I don't love them. And I'd be giving up the extra counter and storage space I would like to have.

So, my question (finally) -- can anyone give me an idea of what it would cost to have a cabinet built by a cabinet maker? I know several people have used Dutch Wood and I would love to use them, but they are about 2 hours away from me (I'm in central NJ, near Princeton).

If anyone could give me an idea of what a place like Dutch Wood, or another cabinet maker, would charge for something like this, I would be so grateful. DH does not believe we could have something built for a reasonable cost.

Also, if anyone knows of a cabinet maker in my area that they could recommend, I would really appeciate it. If you don't want to post that here, feel free to email me through garden web.

I know I would have to get a counter top. Maybe I could find a remnant of carerra marble that wouldn't break the bank.

Thanks!

Comments (3)