SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Progress of Nursery/ Big Girl Rm. See Your Action at Work!

ttodd
14 years ago

I really want to thank you all for your help and suggestions - you really motivated me and I'm putting your thoughts to good use!

This afternoon I started painting and moving a few things into her room. I choose Meadowbrook by Ace for the walls and immediately fell in love. So much so that I called DH at work to tell him. I snapped a few pics for you to see even though the walls were still wet in some places. While painting I decided that the accent color would definitely be soft pinks and red raspberry shades.

Meadowbrook wall paint. I think that the wall color looks wonderful w/ the maple wood furniture and love how it plays w/ the crisp white trim. Meadowbrook is 2 shades darker than Woodlawn (which is my MBR wall color) and is the closest match (w/o colormatching) to F&B's Pale Powder.

I am definitley going to do the white IKEA curtains doubled up as someone suggested in their post! I'm going to try matchstick blinds layered underneath to pick up the wood tones in the furniture. Like I said - this room gets blinding light.

Do you think that pink and berry accents will work w/ this wall color? After reading some of the thoughts about kids possibly being creeped out by staring owl eyes I went back and looked at the James Brown art and came up w/ some of these prints. Any catch your fancy for the room?:

Here is a close up of the bedskirt and the pillows have a small ruffle of the same check for a border.:

I found a small old wooden birdcage in the basement that I thought I could spraypaint white or berry and put butterflies and birds in and hang in a corner. Lame?

I still really like the 'foresty' idea and thought I could run w/ it in an 'Enchanted Forest' girlie way (not a Harry Potter way). I can get her a white stuffed owl for her bed!

Crazy thought - tell me if I'm taking it too far - What about painting the bureau a soft pink or raspberry color? Too much?

Oh - and my mom called today to say that she found the sweetest antique childs rocker for $15 that she bought for her!

Comments (31)