SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
houndog_gw

stacking lavaory and water closet drains

houndog
17 years ago

i am constructing tow bathrooms one stacked on top of one another. The east wall wall will have two lavatories, one above another. I will use two inch drains throughout. the east wall is an exterior wall. the west wall is aprox. 7' away the joists run parallel to the 2" pipe. aprox 30 " north of the 2" pipe the water closet for the 2nd floor extends through the floor 14" from the west wall. using a series of 90's both regular and street plus a 3" tail, 3"x3"x3" wye and a 3 x 3 x 2 wye i can catch the 2" lavatory drain. and bury a clean-out in the ceiling (access panel)36" south of the water closet. aprox 8' north of the water closet the main 3" vent catches the water closet. a tub on the 2nd floor with a 2" drain 1' from the main stack will drain into the 3" drain on the north wall. below the first floor the water closet for the 1st floor is 18" from the west wall and 14" from the north wall. a 2" floor/shower drain is 3' from the water closet 3' from the north wall.

will the 2" vent serve the two lavatories? will the 3" main stack vent the two water closets, one 2" floor drain and one 2" tub drain

Comment (1)