SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moocheeko

Cat with Terminal Cancer

moocheeko
13 years ago

We have a 7 year old cat (Moo) who was diagnosed a month and a half ago with adencarcenoma (cancer) in his liver. We were told he had months to live, and that the cancer would spread through the rest of his organs eventually.

He is the love of my life (him and his brother). I have had him since he was 2 months old when I got him from the SPCA. I feel it is so unfair that he has only had 7 years of life, and I want to do everything I can to make the rest of the time he has with us as happy as possible.

He is on a bunch of medication because he now chronically vomits. He eats kitten food to help get some nutrients into him, but he has still lost over 5lbs since June. He went from being a 17lb cat to a 12lb cat in such a short time.

Every time he is sick it breaks my heart, and we do what we can for him - clean his chin, his paws, give him as much love as we can.

When he isn't feeling sick, he is the sweet amazing cat he has always been. He is so talkative, he loves to shower still (he goes right into the shower!) he plays with his brother and he flops for tummy rubs.

Just the other day I came home from work to find he had thrown up blood. It was the hardest day since we found out he had cancer. We took him to the vet and apparently they think he has ulcers due to all his throwing up. He is now on antacid meds to help that.

Just today, I have begun to find sores on his skin. Is this is cancer spreading to his skin? Does anyone know of anything that can be used to ease the itchiness of this?

I know we don't have a long time left with him, and when we have to make the decision, it will be about what is best for him. I don't want him to suffer, and because he has always done whatever needed to make me feel better - I want to do the same for him.

I just can't wrap my head around the injustice of this. He is such a sweet amazing boy, and does not deserve any of this. I have never met a cat as sweet, loving and personable as he is.

Comments (11)