SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manda3183

help! need advice on stray cat asap

manda3183
17 years ago

I found a cat under my car this evening. It followed me around for awhile, and then I had to leave for an orchestra rehearsal. When I got back, the cat was waiting by my apartment door. I brought it inside, put it in my bathroom, gave it some food and water and tried making some phone calls for advice, but unfortunately its hard to find anyone to help with a situation like this late at night. My own cat was not happy about the visitor.

This stray is DECLAWED so I know it had to be someone's cat at one point in time, maybe still is. I can't decide if I should keep it in my bathroom overnight, or put it back outside. I would really like to take it to the vet, make sure it is healthy, see if it is microchipped, and also ask my apartment management if anyone has reported a missing pet. Right now it is outside again, because my kitten was freaking out and I don't know if it has anything she could catch. I put some dry food and water outside, but my boyfriend says I shouldn't leave it out there because it will attract any animals. I took pictures of the cat, so maybe that will help. I just don't want to lose it because I'd really like to see if it is microchipped or something, but I really can't decide if I should bring it back inside. It is just sitting outside my door, occasionally eating.

Does anyone have any advice on what would be the best thing to do in this situation???

Comments (14)