SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindacatherine_gw

Shocking a well

lindacatherine
11 years ago

I bought a house with a private well and septic. House was a foreclosure and sat for two years. The water has a sulfur smell. I put in a new water heater, which helped for about a week. Now the odor is back. I called two different well companies: one wants to shock it for $300, the other wants to put in an oxygen system for $4,000. Yikes. For those who have shocked their wells, how did that work out for you. There is no trace of bacteria in the water, but high iron and manganese.

Thank you.

Comments (7)