SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snickerdoodle_2007

16 month old Havanese growls when approached while chewing bone

snickerdoodle-2007
16 years ago

Our 16 month old Havanese has been having this problem ever since she was real young and if we laid her on her side by the scruff she would stop. It seems to only happen when shes chewing on her bones, beef chews etc. and if my husband or myself want to take a look at how much she has left, sheÂll look at us real strange, back up a little and then maybe whimper a little and growl. We will then grab her by the scruff and remove her from where she is and take her to another location and put her on her side in the submission position until we tell her she is free. Even while we have her by the scruff, sheÂll growl and continue to growl even though weÂre telling her NO!

There was one time that she tried to even turn her head when I was doing it and she showed her teeth. While this is going on, she is shaking like a leaf and once she even soiled on the floor.

She is a very VELCRO dog and is constantly following me around everywhere I go. She very seldom plays with her toys by herself because she is laying close to me most of the time.

We also have a 6 month old Havanese puppy, and the two of them seem to play well together but I can see some jealousy going on. Has anyone had any experience with this or give me any recommendations.

Comments (35)