SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rciviok

Growling dog 2

rciviok
16 years ago

I recently adopted a 3year old Lab from a family that stated they had no problem with dog but only adopted him as they did not have enough time to spend with him a there kids were older.

The dog has a great personality is friendly and listens well. But he likes to sniff for food inside the house a lot and will take food out of kids hands at times also he has taken bread off counter and butter.

Recently late at night when I told him to go out he just didnt listen. He laid there and did not move.(its cold out 30deg) When I finally went to get him and grabbed his collar he lightly growled at me??? I took my hands off his collar as I was SURPRISED. I then tried to verbally command him and regrabbed his colar and agian he growled. No teeth but yes a growl. I wasnt sure what to do so I grabbed his leesh and attached it and walked him out. I think he thought he was going for a walk or otherwise he wouldnt have went.

The main worry I have is I have small children 2,4,5,9 and though the dog has been well behaved I am surprised at his growling.

Comments (17)