SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19756092

Screw penetrated toilet drain... Best way to repair?

User
17 years ago

We're in the process of moving into our home. One of the first things that we did after receiving the keys was to go around the house and remove a bunch of the hooks that the previous owner had installed. (We're talking handfuls in the kitchen alone.)

This home is two levels with both upstairs bathrooms positioned right over the kitchen. (Common 'plumbing' wall location.) The previous owner had managed to drive a hook into the ceiling of the kitchen which appears to have penetrated the drain for the toilet. This allows toilet water to drain directly down onto the kitchen counter. It's quite spectacular. It would almost be "cool" if it were intentional.

I poked around in the ceiling hole with the refill part of an ink pen. I can certainly feel the internal curve of the pipe. My first thought is to cut away the drywall, patch the hole with "something" that won't catch debris on the inside of the pipe and finally to put a strap of some sort around the pipe to seal the leak and prevent the "plug" from ever leaking or falling out.

Anyone have any suggestions on just what items would be best to use to seal this little hole?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional