SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terible

Used Scherrs? Explored Scherrs?

terible
16 years ago

For those who have used Scherrs or have explored Scherrs, I need help sorting through some questions.

I have read on this forum how Scherrs compares to higher-end semi custom cabinetry. What makers did you compare them with or what do they compare to?

I have read Scherrs is cheaper than comparable higher-end cabinets. Did you get quotes by several other makers to compare? And, what is meant by savings of a few thousand dollars? Do you mean 2,000, 10,000 or other? Is this savings before or after the money saved by DIY install?

Many cabinet shops have their design/measuring wrapped up in the price as long as you buy their cabinets. How does this work with Scherrs? Do you send exact measurements and a basic design or can you send exact measurements and they will help with design. Do they charge for that if they do that?

I guess in a nut shell I am trying to figure out if the money saved is large enough and worth it for me to be responsible for all exact measurements, design, and assembly of boxes. And, the quality is so great that its worth it to go through extra work because of the savings.

Comment (1)