SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littleblu87

Newspaper billing problems

littleblu87
15 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help with this.

My mother just got in three bills from the Washington Post for the Sunday paper. One was from the carrier and the other two are from the Washington Post. Apparently, the Washington Post has changed their billing practices and instead of paying the carrier, you now pay directly to the Washinton Post. Anyway, the bill from the carrier is for $72.00 and the bills from the Washington Post are for $43.50 and $33.00. The first one is dated 3/25/09 and says there's a current balance of $31.50 for service through 3/25/09 and "you have currently paid for home delivery until 11/1/2008". The second bill is dated 3/31/09 and says there's a current balance of $21.00 for service through 3/31/09 and "you have currently paid for home delivery until 12/27/2008". There's also a credit of $12.00. My mother says she hasn't paid the bill in over six months. So I went to my mother's account on their website and it says she owes $21.00 on 12/27/08. She also says that the carrier had overcharged her before which is why she didn't pay months ago - She was prolonging a confrontation.

Can anyone make any sense out of this? My mother is really good with numbers but these bills are confusing her. Neither of us are sure what to do or what amount she should pay. She knows she should owe less than $72.00 but more than $33.00. All the bills say to contact the carrier for billing questions. But I don't think the carrier knows what the heck he's doing. There certainly was never a problem with the previous carrier. But we've had several problems with this current carrier since he first started.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!