SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacy3_gw

Chase's Cheesecake Supreme - in 9 inch springform?

stacy3
16 years ago

How would I adjust this recipe for a 9 inch pan? Do I have to?

Cheese Cake Supreme - Chase

Women's Day Encyclopedia of Cooking

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup butter melted

40 ounces cream cheese (5, 8 oz packages)

1 3/4 cups sugar

3 TBSP flour

grated rind of 1 lemon grated rind of 1/2 orange (I only use lemon)

5 eggs

2 egg yolks

1/4 cup whipping cream

Fruit and glaze

Mix graham cracker crumbs sugar and melted butter. Butter a 10 inch springform pan. Press crumb mix into the bottom of the pan. Let the remainingg ingredients except cream come to room temp. Beat cheese until fluffy. Mix sugar and flour together and gradually mix into the cheese, beating mixture smooth. Mix in grated rinds. Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time beating well after each. Stir in cream. Pour over crust.Cook in preheated 500 degree oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 200 and cook for 1 hour ( NOTE: I always seem to have to cook it longer than this to get it to set properly, usually 1 1/2 hours) Remove from oven, place on rack away from drafts and cool. When cool refrigerate in pan until cold. Remove from pan and place on serving plate. Top with fruit and glaze and refrigerate until serving time.

Notes to self:

Try 475 then 225 see if cooks faster. Also place pan of water under or use Baine Marie. Also run knife around edges about half way through and leave in oven with door open to cool.

Fruit and Glaze.~

Arrange 4 or 5 canned apricot halves around centre of cake(reserve juice). Circle the apricots with canned pineapple wedges, (4 rings quartered) reserve juice. Alternate fresh starwberry halves and green grapes to form outer circle. Mound about 1/3 cup blueberries in the very centre , inside the ring of apricots.To make glaze combine the apricot and pineapple syrups to make 3/4 of a cup. Add 1 TBSP of lemon juice. Combine 1 TBSP cornstarch with 2 TBSP cold water. Add to juices and cook stirring until thickened. Add a drop yellow food colouring if desired. Spoon over fruit.

((Let the cake cool until room temp and then refrigerate. DOn't refrigerate while still warm.))

Thanks!

Stacy

Comments (24)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012