SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hlove_gw

99% Finished Yellow Kitchen-pics

hlove
12 years ago

As others have stated in the past, I can not express how grateful I am to have found this forum. I learned so much and ended up with a kitchen we are thrilled to have been able to create.

Some background...the house is circa 1870 in a small village setting. It is a very simple house...no intricate moldings or anything. We bought the house 3 years ago. The kitchen reno was part of a larger renovation...enclosing a back porch for a breakfast room (which you'll see), gutting the only upstairs bath, adding a new bathroom to an existing room upstairs to create a master suite, and some other smaller projects. We were originally only going to replace the vinyl floors in the kitchen with new vinyl and change out the counters, but we ended up doing more and are so happy we did because it ended up solving a heating problem (uh, there were actual holes in the floors underneath the cabinets!). We also ended up raising the ceiling height 12", so we're just shy of 8'.

We went back and forth about enclosing the back screened-in porch, but we gained an office and a breakfast room, which allows us to have a great view of the back of the house, even in winter. We also have a wonderful covered porch on the front of the house.

Anyway, still need to find some area rugs/pillows, swag the kitchen chandelier to center it onto the island (totally forgot to ask them to center the light box when they demo'd!), and find hooks for the coffee mugs, as well as maybe painting the hutch in the breakfast room.

Anyway, here's the info:

Cabinets: Unfinished maple inset from Crystal Cabinetry

Cabinet Paint: BM Advance Hawthorne Yellow (we painted them)

Hardware: Amerock

Handles: Mulholland in Rustic Brass

Cup Pulls & Knobs: Manor in Weathered Brass

Sink: Kohler Verse 33" single bowl overmount stainless

Insinkerator air switch (brushed nickel, I think): Love, love this (thanks GW!)

Faucet: Delta Leland

Hood: Zephyr 36" island

Range: GE electric (came with house)

Dishwasher: Bosch (purchased 2 years ago)

Fridge: Whirlpool Gold (purchased 2 years ago)

Under counter oven: "pre-owned" 27" GE Profile convection

(bought on CL for $90 last year...it's pretty old, but works great!)

Counters: Formica Lime Stone- honed finish

Flooring: red oak with white stain

Island prep table: purchased 3 years ago at local restaurant supply shop

Shelves: made by contractor, we painted: BM Advance Apple Blossom

Kitchen Walls: BM Aura Fine China

Breakfast room walls: BM Aura Whispering Pink

Kitchen chandelier: Etsy, painted to match room

Breakfast room chandelier: Ebay

Windows/Door: Marvin Integrity series

Before (after replacing dishwasher and refrigerator and tearing off wallpapered backsplash):

"

Comments (52)