SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katrina_ellen

single person and dog

katrina_ellen
12 years ago

I posted on another forum and didn't get much response. I am a single person who lives alone and works full time. I am away 9 hrs. a day for work, 5 days a week, then I am gone about 4-5 hrs. on Sunday and of course the usual errands that have to be done. My daughter has a bichon frize given to her by a lady who has terminal cancer and cannot care for her anymore. My daughter has 5 dogs so can't take on another one. The dog is 3 years old and has had obedience training and is a well behaved dog, but I cannot keep taking her to work with me. I am trying to find another home for her with either a family or a semi-retired person or retired. As far as attention she is a needy dog - the past owner was retired and spent most of her time with her. I will not be able to give her that kind of attention or anything near it due to my time available. If I cannot find a home for her, do you think it is advisable that I keep her? The alternative would be to give her to my daughter who wants her if I don't want to take her, but as I said, she has 5 dogs already and I don't think they get the attention they need. Thanks for any responses!

Comments (17)