SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theredhouse_gw

Bedroom Refresh- Feeling a Little Lost

TheRedHouse
11 years ago

I'm trying to freshen my bedroom and I seem to be stuck on curtains and how their color relates to the adjacent bathroom rug.

The walls will be painted BM Mascarpone. The chair with the sheet over it will be recovered and the table painted. The bedding and bedside lamps are all white. There is a brass and white iron bed and an old mahogany dresser and nightstand. Overall, I'm going for a light, dreamy, sweet-but-not-too-sweet, casual look. I'm aspiring to traditional, but a young and fresh version of that.

I'm really struggling with finding curtains that are affordable and work with my taste. I think I want blue, along with some blue accents on the bed and in the artwork. I found a bunch of people on Etsy who can make reasonably priced panels and ordered a couple of fabric samples I really like. They came today and while I like both, I don't think either works with the pretty wool rug on the bathroom floor. The rug was supposed to be a blue/gray, but it's a little more vibrant and almost periwinkle. I think it looks great in the bathroom, but it's a slightly odd color. The curtains will be about 10 feet away an both the bathroom rug and curtains will be visible at the same time to anyone walking in the room.

Do the curtains and the rug need to be closer in color? Are they far enough away that it won't matter? Should I exchange the rug for an easier color to work with? Should I ditch the idea of blue in the curtains and go with white? And what color should I paint the little table?

To further complicate things, both my husband and I love, love, love this pillow but I don't quite know how to make it work with the where we are headed.

I'm over-thinking this, right? It's okay, you can tell me.

Comments (5)