SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trisha57_ny

Two yorkies with two saint bernards in the same yard....

trisha57_ny
16 years ago

I'll try to make this as short as possible.

Sister, who just got divorced is coming to live wth us. She will have the whole finished basement for herself, bedroom, living room, bathroom, washer/dryer, big bedroom. so she's all set.

She's a very caring RN and can get a job in a lovely hospital out here only 5 minutes from our house. One of her girls is in Germany (husband in Iraq), and the other is going to Atlanta. She'll just stya with us until she can get herself, bills, etc. together.

Okay, she has the two of the cutest yorkies. One is a real love, the other is the boss.

We have two saint bernards. Our "little" one, Daisy -- this is her dream come true. She's a happy go lucky dog and would love to play with them out in the yard. The whole yard is fenced in.

If she was by herself playing with them, there would be no problem whatsoever.

McDuff would have to show them that he is the boss. I know he doesn't like small dogs. They see this huge giant in front of them, the little dog growls, and then mayhem. But McDuff would never hurt them.

And then the problem is Daisy, even though she will have a great time playing with the yorkies, she'll take her cue from Duff. That pack instant thing.

My question is since the yard is Duff's territory, would you bring the yorkies to McDuff? on leash, of course. Or put the yorkies in the yard first, and bring out Duff on a leash to meet them?

Comments (6)