SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janine09_gw

Kitchen Design back-any thoughts on cabinets?

janine09
14 years ago

Sorry I have no idea how to scan it, but would love some feedback on some questions I have. We are going with a particular cabinet company since we got a great price BUT the designer is not a CKD, so thought I'd ask the experts here :).

Background: L shaped kitchen in ivory white maple. ORB hardware, 36" range. Island in dark cherry. Sink, DW, pullout trash in island. Granite will be ivory-gold, something like St Cecil, New Venetian Gold or Kashmir Gold (TBD).

My questions related to cabinets:

*lazy susan: I definitely want this--but I'm curious what people most frequently use it for? Do things fall over?

*base pantry pull out (6")- I added this to our kitchen after someone suggested it here! It is currently close to our oven. My question is is it better off in an upper cabinet (at eye level)?

*how important is symmetry? I.e. if drawers are on one side of the oven, should there be drawers on the other? (we have a mix of cabinets and drawers).

*ROTS: how many are really needed? This designer says it should be in all base cabinets. I know from what I've read here, there not that functional, so thinking only one.

*the fridge is on the shorter part of the "L" shape. We originally had cabinets on either side of the fridge (upper and lower). The designer is suggesting eliminating the one to the right of the fridge to allow for bigger cabinets on the left. I would love a larger cabinet, but seems like the fridge would be hanging on the end. Just not sure how it would look.

Thanks!! Hope this thread doesn't disappear ;).

Comments (3)