Houzz Logo Print

Ideas for a Transom Window?

12 years ago

My friend Google tells me this is called a transom window. I'm having trouble trying to figure out what to do with it. Sorry these pictures are dark, but you can get the general idea. This room is going to be painted a light grey with darker grey below. I ordered some drapes yesterday from JCPenney, that are exactly what I am looking for but I hope will work.One set for the slider and not the transom over it and one for the window with the arch, again not including the transom. The drapes are 108". Privacy is not an issue and the sliding window faces East, so the sun is only an issue in the morning. The two curved windows face West, but there is good shade from trees when the sun is setting. And this house is a zero lot line, which is the cubed window. Should I frame that one at all? Should I put anything on the transom windows? On the one over the slider and not the other two? I'm not sure what to do with these windows!! Thanks :) Christy


Here is a link that might be useful: JCPenney in Linen/Ivory

Comments (8)

Grow | Life Outdoors
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Loudoun County Landscape & Design Swimming Pool & Patio Construction