SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Strange dog with fear aggression on my land.

caflowerluver
15 years ago

I live on deer fenced 2.5 acres in the Santa Cruz Mts. Neighbors are selling their house and are going through a divorce so no one is there most of the time. The wife and kids moved out and the husband is only there at night. I think they got a big dog to protect the house. (How do you show a house with a dog like that?) It comes up to the fence barking all the time. When I tried to approach so it knows who I am, it runs away ferocious barking. This morning I saw it on my deck at the back of the house. When I opened up the door it ran away barking. I don't know how it got over or under the deer fence but will probably do it again.

My concern is going outside with my mini Dachshund. She is mainly an inside dog and is only out when someone is out with her, but I don't put her on a leash. Not sure how the neighbor's dog will react to another dog. And my dog has no fear of other dogs and will approach. She is use to having free run of this property so don't want to have to keep her on a leash when I am out working in my garden. Also my DS, who has high function Autism, takes our dog out for potty breaks when I am at the store. What if this dog attacks when he and our dog are out? He wouldn't know what to do.

Can I call the county shelter only when the dog is on my property? It quicky goes back over, so not on long enough to get caught. I am going to search the fence line and see if I can figure out how it is getting over to our side. That side of the fence has a ridge on the other side. Deer have jumped over the fence there. The dog is big enough, that it might be jumping it so nothing I can do about that. I have called the neighbor and left a message but don't know when they will get it.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Clare

Comments (10)