SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_73

Water Heater Size?

mike_73
16 years ago

I think I should soon start planning to replace the gas water heater in my 2 unit home as it was installed around 1992. currently I have one AO smith 40 gallon gas heater for both apartments. one appartment is a large one bedroom and the other a three bed room. currently I am in the 3 bedroom alone and have another guy renting the one bedroom. I plan to move to the other one next summer when I am done fixing my the apartment i am in now up and moving to the one bedroom. I do my laundry on site with a front load washer. The Tenant thats here now doesn't have a washer but could. I have not run out of hot water yet but am afraid that if I would begin to rent to a family of say 4 that I would not have enough hot water for everyone with just one 40 gallon heater.

My idea is that I could get 2 gas water heaters and since both apartments have a seperate gas service for the gas stove in each I could have plumbing done so that each is paying for its own hot water. My question is what sizes are best fit for me to put in? and what brands are best.

Comment (1)