SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

On the topic of dark-painted interior doors

Sueb20
12 years ago

We're painting our kitchen/family room, which comprises about 1/2 of our entire first floor. Almost all of the doors on the first floor are in this space. There are only two that are not -- our front door, which is stained oak, and the door between the living room and the sunroom, which is a glass/mahogany wood door. In the kitchen/family room area, there are 2 exterior doors (mostly glass), a closet door, a bathroom door, and 2 sets of pocket doors that are rarely closed. The walls will be either Raccoon Hollow or River Gorge Gray. Trim is Natural Wicker (creamy off-white). Should I paint all the doors the darkest color on the "strip" of the wall color? One of them is like a very dark green-khaki sort of color, the other would be a very dark gray-green. Not black, but a similar effect, maybe.

When we originally did this addition, I did paint the pocket doors the darkest color on the strip from the wall color (walls are Cheyenne Green, I forget the name of the door color) and I like it, but this would involve painting a few more doors. I figure since we're painting, we're going to make them all the same -- either all match the trim, or all painted a color.

Comments (3)