SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stellabee_gw

New Puppy Incessantly Bites People/Nips Hard

Stellabee
10 years ago

Good Morning,

I just adopted a new puppy from the Humane Society this last weekend. She is a very sweet puppy that is loving when calm. The key word here is 'when'. She also gets very rowdy and, when she is this way, she wants to bite and I mean bite hard! She will bite anything in her path and if someone instructs her not to she will bite them with even more tenacity/attitude (their hand, finger, knee, ankle, anything she can get).

On that note, I am aware that puppies often have chewing issues. She has this too, but I am not at all talking about chewing here. I'm talking about biting people as a form of play, as a form of affection, and also as a form of aggression. She does not like my mother and attacked her the other day. Gave her a strong bite that left marks and drew blood while proceeding to terrorize my mother by circling her and biting wherever she could. My mother is in her 60's and was so scared she lost her bladder.

I am concerned about my Molly. I don't want her to be aggressive. She is a pit bull mix, which concerns me even more.

To anyone who has owned pit bulls, pit mixes, or any kind of dog that as a puppy started out by expressing themselves/emotions via true biting (again, not talking about chewing here), please help. I need to train this out of her or we will have to return her. I don't want to do that to her...!

Stella

Comments (25)