SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilliepad_gw

Is it just me

lilliepad
15 years ago

Or are people just getting more rude every day? I was in Wal-Mart this afternoon picking up some prescriptions.Long line,slow service as usual.I was in a motorized cart,so I pulled around to the end of the counter so I would be pulling up to it sideways instead of front in and would be out of the way of the people in line behind me.There were 2 people in front of me and only one left behind.It took the girl that was first ahead of me forever to get her prescription and while she was standing there waiting a woman and her husband came up and sat down on the bench.After a few minutes the woman got up and walked over to the counter and started talking to the woman in front of me and another man got in line behind her.The woman's husband told her that I was next in line when she started up there and she just looked at me and went on about her business,even though I was as close as I could get to the woman in front of me without running over her!After the lady in front of me stepped up to the counter this woman inched up closer behind her,totally avoiding eye contact with me.Then the man that came in behind her asked another man sitting on the bench where the end of the line was and he explained who was next in line and he went to the end of the line but the woman just stood there.When the woman in front of me started to walk off the "cutter" stepped up to the counter.Just as she did I moved in front of her and said,very politely,"Excuse me,I was next in line".She looked at me like I was the one in the wrong and said in a very sarcastic tone of voice,"WELL,OK!" I guess I should have been nice and let her go first but I had been sitting there close to 30 minutes already and was ready to get out of there.It seems like people get more and more rude every day! I try my best to greet people with a smile wherever I go,even when I don't get one back,but I am really getting tired of it.LOL Sorry this is so long,but I guess I just needed to vent.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider