SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

May be forced to ss sink though I dislike them--will I hate it?

julieste
11 years ago

My kitchen era/ vintage and feel seems to call out for a classic white enamel cast iron sink, and it is what I have now and like. I'm a classic white sink person. But, we are discovering that because of our non-standard cabinet size and our plumbing configuration, the easiest replacement when we put in new counters might end up being a stainless steel sink because we can find one that nearly replicates our current no-longer-produced Kohler white sink.

I looked into silgranite since so many here recommend it, but that is just as complicated as far as the cast iron, and I stil don't like the look of it as well as traditional cast iron.

Stainless steel sinks leave me cold as far as appearance. So many I see around here seem to have white water spots on them, something else that looks unattractive to me. And, I really believe the look of stainless isn't right for my kitchen.

If I take the easy way out (stainless involves no cutting down cabinetry or losing a cabinet drawer or changing plumbing as would be entailed in putting in another cast iron sink) and just put in stainless, how much will I hate it?

The stainless we would be looking at is definitely on the higher price point rather than the cheaper.

Thanks.

Comments (19)