SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bicyclegirl1

scratches in toilet after snake

bicyclegirl1
10 years ago

I've been posting on the Kitchen & Appliance forums for quite awhile, but this is my 1st post on plumbing. I hope you can help me with my problem.

My toilet stopped up a few days ago & I tried to plunge with no success. Called my plumber to come fix the problem while I was out of town. He came over & apparently snaked it. The inside of my toilet is scratched up pretty badly. There are 2 scratches at the bottom where the tube(?!) goes down. One is about the size of a dime & the other about 1/2 of that. It looks like debris at the bottom of my toilet! Yuk! At 1st I thought it was leaves or debris that I brought in w/ my plunger, which was out in the garage. But, when it wasn't going down, I realized it was scratches. It's a Kohler that matches my sink. It's not a very old toilet & I'm not wanting to replace it. I'm working on my kitchen & a new toilet is not in my budget. Is there something I can do to make these go away? If there's nothing that can be done, should I make him buy me a new one? I like this guy & hate to have a bad experience w/ him, but this is unacceptable. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'll try to take some pics later, but right now I don't have a camera that's working.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments (12)